(4 Dozen Hamantashen)
- 4 Cups of Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Margarine
- 1 Tbs of Orange Juice
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Substitute ½ cup of oil for 1 cup of margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients. Proceed to assemble.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a two and a half- to three-inch round cutter, (or the open end of a glass cup) cut circles.
- Leave circles and remove dough scraps. Place circles on your cookie sheet and spoon one teaspoon of filling on each circle. (You can put in chocolate chips, jam or whatever you want!)
- Turn up three sides of each circle and pinch or fold the corners closed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- If Glaze is desired brush with beaten egg.
- Bake until edges are golden