by Pb Alyesh
Let’s get into the spirit of Lag BaOmer, the 33rd day of the Omer Count—this year, May 9, 2023. Jews light bonfires to commemorate the holiday, continuing a tradition that dates back hundreds of years, and today many people have bbq’s in a local park!
- 2 Boneless Chicken thighs cut into 1-inch Cubes
- 1 Zucchini, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 Red Pepper cut into 1 inch Squares
- 1 Red Onion Cut into 1 inch Squares
- 6 Oz Mushrooms (Don’t Cut, leave whole)
- 2 TBSP of Oil
- 1 TBSP of Soy sauce
- 1 TBSP of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- ½ Tsp of Garlic
- 1 Tsp of Dried Cilantro Leaves
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Place all the cut up chicken cubes and veggies into a gallon size bag.
- In a small bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken and veggies. Allow the chicken and veggies to marinate in the fridge for over an hour.
- Get the grill going or preheat the oven to broil.
- Thread each skewer with chicken and vegetables. If broiling in oven place the kabobs over an 8-inch square aluminum pan with the ends of the skewers extending over the edge of the pan.
- Broil on high for 12-15 min or until the center of the chicken is no longer pink and if grilling place directly on grill and brown on all sides.