Overnight potato kugel
By PB Alyesh There is nothing like a classic potato kugel!!
- 5 lb pounds of potatoes peeled
- 1 large onion
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup of oil
- ½ Cup of boiling water
- 1 ½ TBSP of salt
- ⅛ tsp of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel and grate the potatoes and onions in whichever way you prefer.
- Place into a bowl and add ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9X13 pan. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours cover very tightly with 3 layers of foil.
- Place a 9X13 pan filled halfway with cold water on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Place the covered Kugel on the oven rack directly above the water.
- Lower the oven temperature to 220 and bake for 8 hours or overnight